Recording Studio rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. So what guitar do you use, effects, amps and such? I hate my tone, and I always like to hear what others use.

On topic... Sound blaster's are the best. I'd still say go with a q6600, however...

I figured I'd get the newest Core 2 Duo with the highest cache available as opposed to going with a quad-core with lower cache and clock speeds and the possibility that the software won't use even half of the cores. As for a sound card, soundblaster is an obvious way to go now that I know it's supplemental to an external hub or sorts (once I have any ideas on which to get).

Effects-wise, processing can make all the difference, as certain recording programs can help greatly with. Currently, I only play an 614ce Taylor acoustic. In my arsenal also is a Chet Atkins SST, which will work REALLY well with software effects due to a digital signal (think of it like an electric guitar of sorts). On the electric side I have a Les Paul Epiphone which i never use since I don't have any effects for it besides a delay pedal. My amp is a Fender Acoustasonic Junior. To get a really great sound you need something that will add depth such as an equalizer that you can dramatically change mid-tones, highs and lows, etc. Other useful effects are things like chorus, flanger and are pretty basic to use. The Octave effect from Boss might be one of my favorites.

yeah... ableton has all of those effects built in... however, they aren't top of the line, but some are useful. A Boss GE-7 would be perfect. 3-band for me just doesn't cut it... that's why I need a GE-7

The q6600 has more cache.

oh yeah...

I have a weird setup.

A Vox Valvetronix AD50VT (50watts, 2 12" speakers... it's LOUD)
Boss Metal Zone (Man, this thing is versatile)
Boss DS-1 (Pretty unique distortion, at least to my style)
Ibanez Tubescreamer (don't have much use for it anymore)

ESP F-250 guitar
Jackson King V
Some knock-off fender (fixing it up... Scalloping frets 16-21, painting the neck, new tuners, and after I get new pickups for my other guitars, the old ones are going in this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom