reconvinced my parents to get me a new system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
ok i have reconvinced my parents to get me a new system but are settled on dekll, i asked them for building permission... but got a quick no.... i need a good place to buy if i want a computer...... and don't tell me to tell my parents to let me build, so give me other builders.... desktops.....

Well, if you can't build one, and aren't serious about gaming, I would get a laptop (better for school).

If you would want to buy one, It just depends on your price limit. If you have no price limit, hey go for top of the line alienware :D

If you're on some sort of a budget, I would hunt around newegg, they have some pretty good desktops.

What exactly do you want it to do, and what is your budget?

I will be glad to help :)

VooDoo is a HUGE ripoff, they even put Alienware to shame with a lot of their part mark ups. I agree with hunting around NewEgg.

Hey vernong,
What was the reason again, that your parents wouldn't let you build one? Could you tell them, that it is cheaper to build?

I am guessing that his parents don't know very much about computers or the cost of hardware and assume that things are only reliable if they come from a dealer.

lol, Amen to alienware part markups.

Never said it was top of the line, but, if money isn't an option.. you know... ;)

lol

But yes, Newegg, and also if you get PCgamer mags, they have good deals on some offbrand desktops that look kinda nice.. of course, I've never gotten one. Some brands include "iBuyPower" can't think of any others off the top of my head, but, You could also check that out if you're interested.

Definately though, I would not go with Dell or HP and ESPECIALLY gateway.

can you say ripoff? :p

Never said it was top of the line, but, if money isn't an option.. you know... ;)

lol

But yes, Newegg, and also if you get PCgamer mags, they have good deals on some offbrand desktops that look kinda nice.. of course, I've never gotten one. Some brands include "iBuyPower" can't think of any others off the top of my head, but, You could also check that out if you're interested.

wtf is that in your sig... i saw it somewhere...

anyways... get one from newegg, they're the cheapest...

lol

iBuyPower mark ups are not quite as bad as some of the others, although I have heard horror stories concerning their product support. And he is right, NEVER buy GateWay, ever, for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom