Recommendations for Slot Cooler for a GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Hi everybody;

I'm in need for a Slot cooler so my GTX can work more cooler in ambient temps because where I live there is no 24/7 air conditioner and temps in my country are around 77-90F most of the time, my GTX temps are around 70c idle without air conditioner but I think this not only because of the temps here is because of the case too, so I'm looking for a exhaust slot cooler that can pull air nicely.
Just to let you know my case is a Sunbeam Transformer.

So far I have like this one the most:

Thermaltake TMG SL1 Slot Cooler

For those newegg fans here is the link:

Newegg.com - Thermaltake TMG SL1 A2414 80mm Blue LED Dual PCI Slot Fan - Retail

Input, recommendations, question, or opinions are gladly appreciated like always, Thank you for your time.

------
Phanto

Have you considered replacing the heatsink?

The problem is not the heatsink, even if I replace the one that came with the GTX with something better I'm almost certain I still will get almost the same temps, because the problem lies below the card where the hot air stay there, the most wise thing I can do right now imo is adding a slot cooler/exhaust down there so it can pull out that hot air.

70C idle? Wow, that's definitely hot. I'd say, get a heatsink for the 8800GTX. And a pad of AS5/MX-1/MX-2.

Yes, remember that here in Puerto Rico is a tropical island so temps are always around 77F - 90F when I turn on the air conditioner the temps go down to 60C*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom