Recommendations for new psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ What were the reasons for the RMA on the Corsair 650 and 750?

The 650 just stopped working two months after purchase on my main home pc, this february. It would light the LED on the mobo, but the fans stopped working and it wouldn't boot. I have been a frequent visitor on the Corsair support forums since then, and you will see many many 650s with similar issues.

The 750 was in my office and lasted for a year or so, this one burnt (that's what it smelt like), and took out the mobo in the process. I don't know the exact reasons since it Spain we usually do not RMA directly to the manufacturer (at least that's how I've always done it), the shop usually does it, and they get the replacement which they then give to you. The person that gave me my replacement didn't have the slightest idea about what was wrong. It did take quite a bit of time though.

Anyhow, I may have been unlucky but that is enough for me to stop buying them. On another comment, I had no idea these are made by Seasonic. Why would Corsair do something like that? Not like these are dimms or lcd displays....

Most PSUs aren't made by themselves. PC Power & Cooling is made by OCZ. Its just how it works.

The 650 just stopped working two months after purchase on my main home pc, this february. It would light the LED on the mobo, but the fans stopped working and it wouldn't boot. I have been a frequent visitor on the Corsair support forums since then, and you will see many many 650s with similar issues.

The 750 was in my office and lasted for a year or so, this one burnt (that's what it smelt like), and took out the mobo in the process. I don't know the exact reasons since it Spain we usually do not RMA directly to the manufacturer (at least that's how I've always done it), the shop usually does it, and they get the replacement which they then give to you. The person that gave me my replacement didn't have the slightest idea about what was wrong. It did take quite a bit of time though.

Anyhow, I may have been unlucky but that is enough for me to stop buying them. On another comment, I had no idea these are made by Seasonic. Why would Corsair do something like that? Not like these are dimms or lcd displays....

All the mentioned power supplies are fine, even though they are more than you need.

For 2 260's any of these would be fine, not limited to of course.

Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12 SS-600HM 600W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ELEMENT ST60EF 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - ENERMAX MODU82+ EMD525AWT 525W ATX12V Ver.2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 650W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - HIPER Type M HPU-4M630 630W Continuous @ 40°C

(Maximum Continuous Peak: 870W) ATX12V V2.2 & EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7 - Power Supplies

If you asked for my brand choice Id stick to PC Power and cooling, seasonic, silverstone or Corsair.

But any of the above ones are fine, and the others mentioned.

Right now newegg has the corsair 750tx on for 130cdn plus 20us off.

Ironically, the 750s more than an 850.

Question on this... What modular psu would power 2 260s and a q6600? Tax time so maybe new 260.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom