Recommendations on new desktop for gaming? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Recommendations on new desktop for gaming?

Im wanting to buy a new desktop from a manufacturer, what im after is the top computer thats worth up to 700 Pound, i was looking at Alienware on dell and that has been the best one for what i want and for what i need, has anyone got any recommendations for which sites may have it cheaper or have better desktops for the same price?

Thanks for reading

Old 05-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord of Bacon

Default Re: Recommendations on new desktop for gaming?

Without knowing the specs of the Alienware there is no way for anyone to provide you with a comparable build, and without the model # can't really say if its cheaper elsewhere.

Most online retailers like Aria and Scan will usually have pre-built rigs, or let you pick parts then assemble it for you (for a price).

i5 3570k | 8GB G.Skill 1600MHz | R9 290 | SeaSonic 750X
Old 05-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
Without knowing the specs of the Alienware there is no way for anyone to provide you with a comparable build, and without the model # can't really say if its cheaper elsewhere.

Most online retailers like Aria and Scan will usually have pre-built rigs, or let you pick parts then assemble it for you (for a price).

He couldn't post the link for some reason. It is the Alienware x51 with 4GB of RAM and an i5 CPU, from the UK.
Recommendations on new desktop for gaming?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Have look at the website pcworld. The number one site in uk for buying pc online and you can get good deals with your budget of 700.
Closed Thread