Recommendations on 24",26", or 28" monitors? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to dashogun Send a message via MSN to dashogun Send a message via Yahoo to dashogun
Default Recommendations on 24",26", or 28" monitors?

I'm looking into buying a LCD monitor that runs at 1920x1200 resolution. I haven't been in touch with the tech market for a year so I'm not sure what products are worthy of buying.

For the 28" I was looking at: - Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
Costco offers this model at 499.99

Any recommendations will be helpful.

My computer is now officially out of date :<
Old 06-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Recommendations on 24",26", or 28" monitors?

I have a 24" Samsung 245BW which looks beautiful at 1920x1200. I got it from Costco for $399 if I recall correctly. It may have been $10 or $20 cheaper but I don't remember exactly. I do know it was under $400.

I've got a big desk with slide out table for the keyboard so I sit about 2 feet away from it and its plenty big. Anything bigger would be overkill at least for me.

Amazing picture, great for gaming and lot of menu features to customize how you want the display to look. I switch it to custom mode when on the internet and it dims it just the right amount for your eyes. Hit the button a few times for gaming mode and it gets very bright and brilliant, especially helpful when playing games that have night time or dark areas.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: Recommendations on 24",26", or 28" monitors?

Whenever you find a monitor you like, i would do some research on what type of panel it has. If you can find it, the 6ms Soyo 24" monitor is a really great monitor for the price. They recently switched from MVA to a TN panel, so beware of the new ones as they are craptastic compared to the old ones.
Nothing to see here.
Closed Thread