Recommendation for GFX Card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkim113

Baseband Member
I currently have the MSI ATI R4850 MSI R4850 Review - Overclockers Club

Its a good card but i want better. I want to upgrade to a card that will give me a huge jump in performance from the current card i have. I want a card that will be able to play top of the line games (crysis, fallout etc) at maximum settings at a silky smooth level with no stuttering or lag of any sort whatsoever.

I am hoping to spend below $350 BUT i will spend more if it needs to be. Thanks for reading mates

May I ask, what resolution are you playing at?

And do you want to give me your HD 4850 :p

Really man?

I'd spend that money for a new monitor tbh... but the HD 4850 should max out most games at 1280x1024, but if you want more power, an HD 4870 or HD 4890 would be fine, nonetheless overkill for that resolution. But it'll be good.

I would get a GTX 285. It's a great card. Also, if you have a good PSU and mobo you could get another 4850 for Crossfire.

Edit: Vern is right a better card is overkill. I didn't see the resoulution.

Really man?

I'd spend that money for a new monitor tbh... but the HD 4850 should max out most games at 1280x1024, but if you want more power, an HD 4870 or HD 4890 would be fine, nonetheless overkill for that resolution. But it'll be good.

i am really sensitive about visual things. It kills me when i see those little lags or jumps in visuals when moving around.

Note, i am not looking for just ATI cards. I dont mind NVIDA. Whatever will get the job done

I would get a GTX 285. It's a great card. Also, if you have a good PSU and mobo you could get another 4850 for Crossfire.

Edit: Vern is right a better card is overkill. I didn't see the resoulution.

i am weary on the idea of crossfire. From what i have been hearing, most games dont support crossfiring. Whats you guys' take on crossfiring?

Why not pick up a cheaper high-end GPU like one of the ones I recommended or the GTS 250 or GTX c216 and then pick up a widescreen resolution monitor.

(Like a 19'' that does 1440x900, which is a lower resolution than your current monitor, but the visuals will be better)

Well it wasn't as bad as when Shumway had two 9800GT's in SLI on a CRT at 1024x768, but that wasn't his fault because his monitor came in a couple of days later than his second GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom