Recommend a PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
I currently have an AMD rig as is listed in my sig. I just got myself a 2900 PRO and it runs fine off the two 2x3 pin connectors, just no overclocking potential. Anyway, I have decided that I want to go Intel and am going to pick up the parts as I can afford them over the next few months. While I do not need a new PSU, it would be nice and am looking for some ideas. I would like:
1. 600 watt minimum
2. Modular cabling
3. Needs to have an available 2x4 pin connector

I welcome your comments.

quit caring about the wattage.... the 12v amperage is what matters... take it from an expert like me...

the Corsair 520 or corsair 550 is enough, it has enough amperage for a heavily oc'ed quad-core (even tho your not), and 8800ultra and a lot of drives and RAM

Once again, for the millionth time, wattage on a PSU is insignificant.
You need to worry about the amperage on the 12V rail.

Suggestions: Corsair 520HX
or
PC Power & Cooling 610W

Remember, the Corsair has less amperage but MORE 12v amps, 54 to be exact. The PC Power & Cooling has more amperage but LESS 12v amps, 49 to be exact.
Pick and choose, hope you make a good choice.

i don't know where this myth of more Watts is better for your system came from...

Once again, for the millionth time, wattage on a PSU is insignificant.
You need to worry about the amperage on the 12V rail.

Suggestions: Corsair 520HX
or
PC Power & Cooling 610W

Remember, the Corsair has less amperage but MORE 12v amps, 54 to be exact. The PC Power & Cooling has more amperage but LESS 12v amps, 49 to be exact.
Pick and choose, hope you make a good choice.

Unless I am missing something, neither one of those appear to have the 2x4 PCI-E connector I want for my gpu.

it has one.... because people use their beefier GPU's with those all the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom