Recommend a PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, for the millionth time, wattage on a PSU is insignificant.
You need to worry about the amperage on the 12V rail.

Suggestions: Corsair 520HX
or
PC Power & Cooling 610W

Remember, the Corsair has less amperage but MORE 12v amps, 54 to be exact. The PC Power & Cooling has more amperage but LESS 12v amps, 49 to be exact.
Pick and choose, hope you make a good choice.

what about this one? Is it alright for me to get his one? Reason the 2 8-pin is for future graphics cards that require it. Plus, the 8-pin connectors can be slip for up to 4 x 6-pin connectors.

Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM ATX12V / EPS12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

EDIT:

how many amps does this have? Is it too much or too low? I want either get the 2900 Pro or 1-2 2950 XT's n then upgrade to 2 R680 or 2 R700 then stop upgrading for years to come.

wait... look at the 2900pro wires... i think i see it... its the 6 pin on one side and the other side is a 4 pin (u know what the EIDE HD cables were)

I have been looking around fo ran adapter and cannot find one that is acully for the PCI-E, only 8 pin I see is for newer mobos.

The two connectors on the 2900pro are a 6 and 8 pin. You can run the card off dual 6 pins, but cannot overclock unless you have a 6 and an 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom