Recomend me a Mobo and PSU for an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Socket 939

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Title says it all, whats a good ATX PSU and Mobo for an AMD Athlon 4000+ socket 939? this is my first build im planning, so i need a bit of help.

EDIT - Im kind of trying to conservere money on this PC, doesnt have to be anything special, mobo should have pci-e (what mobos dont these days), and sata 3.0 support. PSU just needs to be able to handle basic setup and a 7600gt or 7900gt.

That mobos aight, but the PSU is a little on the expensive side, any other PSUs that are a little less expensive, but still decent?

also, i really want to stick with 939 because i already own ddr400 ram, and 939s and DDR based, and AM2s and DDR2 based so i would have to buy new ram, and im really strapped for cash.

spikoman69. if you dont want to lose money, you should get a good PSU that will last you for atleast 4 years than a crappy PSU that lasts 1 year.

How much ram do you have? a Gig of DDR2 is 50 bucks...and the Dual Core's are much more powerful and DDR2 ram is actually overall cheaper now...I would sell your DDR on ebay and start a new build. Even start with 512 as thats only 30 bucks for a good stick.

Then get the ECS(V3.0) AM2 board with 4 slots of DDR2 for $55 and the X2 3600 OEM and an Alpine64 for 10 bucks and be done with it. O and the Xclio 450BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom