reccomended CPU/Mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
Task: Besides running high-end games I will be making my own game (rendering, graphics compilation etc etc) and Iam torn as to which way to go, stay AMD and hope the AM2+ socket (or rather the Phenoms with B3 using the AM2+ socket) can beat (or at least compete) with Intel or just to go intel.

I don't really plan or want to overclock, I'd rather keep everything running cooler. (but I wouldn't be against getting a lower end chip and OC to be on par with others as long as we keep the temps down)

and I want something pretty simple.. no crazy hour of bios modding to get it working how I need.

I was thinking the Intel q6600 or one of the higher-end-non released Phenoms... assuming price is NOT a concern(only comparing these models), which would you reccomend? or would you reccomend something else?

Id like to stay away from the extreme chips as they are a touch too pricey for me (900 something....)

and for the Mobo, remember to keep it cool as possible, will require some PCI E2.0 slots (1-2 is fine) and they need to run at full speed.

I love AMD, obviously from my sig, but the q6600 is the best bet for right now in pretty much every aspect.

q6600 or q9450(in a few weeks)
gigabyte p35-ds35.
I had this setup until i embarked upon my SLI adventures and it was rock solid, much more so than my current rig is.

Personally i'm just not a fan of asus. Are you looking do do single or multiple video cards, and if so what brand of video cards. From my research the only real bonus x38 has over p35 boards is when running crossfire. p35 is 16x and 4x while x38 is 16x/16x, and supports pci-e 2.0.

why wait when you can have performence now, the b3 steppign phenoms arent even garanteed to surpass the q6600, there hasnt even been a bench mark of it yet.

so id need this:
Newegg.com - XFX MB-N780-ISH9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Intel Motherboard - Retail

I dont plan to triple Vid card (so the 8800gt are fine as/is) and that will leave more room for water cooling anyway (If I decide I need to.. most air cooled work just fine though, as long as you get good thermal paste and a good setup/intake)

and that is of course unless ATI comes out with some decent competition for the 8800GT, Ive had ATI all the time before and am kind of disapointed that they are behind.. again.
(If you know of a card that comes really close to the 8800GT, and is cooler then some of the readings I have read (80c+ in some cases) please let me know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom