rebuilding current rig - server/gaming rig.. help?
my current rig is in my sig. I plan on rebuilding it soon, but not exactly sure what to do with it.. here's what I've got so far..
- mulitple HDD running raid possibly
- new MB to support the 6 USB ports in the front of the case, as well as having an extra set of pins for the universal memory card reader (connected via USB pins on the MB)
*- also want 24-pin power conn. on MB if possible
- 4-8 GB ram, most likely OC
- possible new Processor, as the current is approx. 2 years old
- WINDOWS 7 (hopefully it comes out soon. I wont bebuilding until it does though so i dont have to work with this blasted vista... *shakes fist* "CURSE YOU VISTA")
- new case fans. current ones are stock, but it's a pretty open case and im afraid dust will soon invade, so i'll be filtering as many openings as possible.
*- also a note here. I just moved to Alabama from Indiana, so if anyone has had any problems with environmental factors such as heat frying their systems down here I would like input. my dorm room doesnt have any form of AC per se, so idk about air cooled vs. water cooled, but i'd be willing to consider it.
- wire management up the yin-yang. I have blue cold cathode lighting in it already, so I think that's what i'll stick with for budget purposes. but i'll be sleeving all wiring possible.
- will be needing new PSU for 24-pin MB power and also multiple 4-pin for accesories (such as the numerous fans and the lights and what not)
so.. any suggestions on that would be appreciated
2007 Rig|CM Stacker T01|E6850|TRUE 120|BFG nVIDIA nFORCE 680i SLI
4x1.0GB PC2-6400 DDR2|eVGA 8800 GT 512MB|WD Raptor X 150GB|Seagate Barracuda 2TB|ThermalTake PurePower 600w
LG 22" Widescreen LCD|2x LG SecurDisc DL DVD/CD RW w/LightScribe|Windows 7 64-bit|Logitech G15/G5
Pending|CM HAF 932 Blue|i5-4670K|Corsair H100i|ASRock Z87 EXTREME4
Kingston HyperX Black 2x4GB|eVGA GTX 760 4GB|Corsair Neutron 120GB|Seagate Barracuda 2TB|Corsair HX750
2x ACER 21.5” Widescreen LED LCD|LITE-ON DVD Burner|Windows 7 64-bit|Corsair Vengeance M65/K70|Razer Carcharias
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓