rebuilding current rig - server/gaming rig.. help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime_dude07

In Runtime
my current rig is in my sig. I plan on rebuilding it soon, but not exactly sure what to do with it.. here's what I've got so far..

- mulitple HDD running raid possibly
- new MB to support the 6 USB ports in the front of the case, as well as having an extra set of pins for the universal memory card reader (connected via USB pins on the MB)
*- also want 24-pin power conn. on MB if possible
- 4-8 GB ram, most likely OC
- possible new Processor, as the current is approx. 2 years old
- WINDOWS 7 (hopefully it comes out soon. I wont bebuilding until it does though so i dont have to work with this blasted vista... *shakes fist* "CURSE YOU VISTA")
- new case fans. current ones are stock, but it's a pretty open case and im afraid dust will soon invade, so i'll be filtering as many openings as possible.
*- also a note here. I just moved to Alabama from Indiana, so if anyone has had any problems with environmental factors such as heat frying their systems down here I would like input. my dorm room doesnt have any form of AC per se, so idk about air cooled vs. water cooled, but i'd be willing to consider it.
- wire management up the yin-yang. I have blue cold cathode lighting in it already, so I think that's what i'll stick with for budget purposes. but i'll be sleeving all wiring possible.
- will be needing new PSU for 24-pin MB power and also multiple 4-pin for accesories (such as the numerous fans and the lights and what not)

so.. any suggestions on that would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom