Rebate/RMA question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Rebate/RMA question

I purchased the Corsair 650TX with a $20 MIR from newegg the other day, and it is meant as an xmas present to me from my mother. Should I make sure that it works before i cut the UPC off and send it in for the rebate? Or would i be able to RMA it without the upc if it doesn't work. My mother is rather adamant about me not using/opening it until xmas, and there is a 2 week deadline for the rebate. What would be the best course of action for me to take?

Old 10-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Rebate/RMA question

You can send in the rebate .But you wont be able to RMA it at newegg.
You will be able to RMA at Corsair though.
So go ahead and send the rebate in.

Processor: Core i7 920 4.2Ghz 24/7
Motherboard: EVGA X58 758 SLI
Cooling: Water cooling
Memory: 2x3Gig Kingston Hyper X 2100Mhz
Video Card: XFX GTX285
Harddisk: 2-Seagate Barracuda 250GB in RAID 0
PSU: Corsair 1000 Watt Modular
Old 10-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I would test it but that is because I cannot wait. It is a great excuse.

Worst case it has a five year warranty so you can send it to Corsair if it is bad. Not as easy as the egg but will work fine. Corsair makes great psu's so no worries.
Welcome to Corsair :: Warranty
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 :: INTEL i7 920 @3.4 :: XFX GTX260 :: 6gb Corsair 1600 :: Corsair 750TX :: TRUE 120 :: Samsung T240 24" :: Windows 7 X64

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 10-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Alrighty that sounds good.

yes it is a great excuse, and my HAF 932 just came in today! I would so love to put the 650tx in the haf to give it a little test run

edit: I like the whole spoiler bit there. Didn't even notice it til now. I'm not too worried about the PSU being bad because everything i have heard about corsair has been top notch.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to Nubbleet Send a message via MSN to Nubbleet

Give it a shot. Corsair knows how to pack a box. You can tell that it's a quality PSU from the look and feel of it.
4670K @ 4.4GHz 1.18v | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 8GB G. Skill 1866 | 128GB Crucial M4 | 750GB WD Caviar Black | MSI 7850 Twin Frozr | Megahalems | 650TX | CM690
Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

Another question, same idea so i figured i'd keep it in this thread...

I just hooked up my new HAF 932 a couple hours ago, and the front fan has been making a slight noise every now and then. It will run smooth and normal, then out of nowhere it starts with the noise... Sounds like fan is off-balance/something is rubbing. It is still VERY quiet (my stock cpu fan is louder then the 3 case fans i have hooked up.) but i'm curious if this would be RMA-able or even worth it. My thoughts are if something is rubbing then that is putting a substantially increased load on the fan which will cause it to die much sooner, and it is rather annoying. What, if anything, do i do, or should i just suck it up and deal with it?

note: the fan is connected via Molex so there is no variation in RPM

Closed Thread