was it really worth it? fx 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanlopez4550

In Runtime
i know some kids at school whos parents bought them fx 57s and they always talk about how amazing they are... i dont see how spending over 1000 on a processor can be that justifiable unless the user is flat out loaded lol

just want to hear some opinions on why you did and how if your happy

You have to be seriously rich to spend that much on a processor, especially with overclocking being free.

With those processors, you are just paying for the unlocked multiplyer

thats what i dont get

i have my little 3200... and im sure i could get it to 2.8 fine... i did it with my brothers and it runs perfect. being seriously rich though... i wouldnt complain a bit haha

godamn... aussie costs on stuff can be harsh though

if you bmx its rediculous... most people i talk to say mostly from shipping and supply but godamn...

i could think of a million things id rather spend that money on...

like sleep aids

ryanlopez4550 said:
i know some kids at school whos parents bought them fx 57s and they always talk about how amazing they are... i dont see how spending over 1000 on a processor can be that justifiable unless the user is flat out loaded lol

just want to hear some opinions on why you did and how if your happy

He has what we like to call an ego and self-esteem problem. Perhaps they would of been better off paying for therapy.

Back on the serious topic ... A single core Opteron (144-150) could own any FX-57 with proper OCing and such.

Re: Re: was it really worth it? fx 57

Brtnboarder495 said:
He has what we like to call an ego and self-esteem problem. Perhaps they would of been better off paying for therapy.

Back on the serious topic ... A single core Opteron (144-150) could own any FX-57 with proper OCing and such.

Nice one, although I don't know if it could "own" an FX-57. However it would be right up there.

Nice one, although I don't know if it could "own" an FX-57. However it would be right up there.

A CPU that costs $200 that performs as fast or faster than a $800 owns it.

isnt there some other way how you can unlock the multiplyers on other cpus?

AMD allows you to use a smaller multiplier, but not larger. Intel locks them altogether.

The FX's multiplier's can be raised, but they can't take that much OCing due to heat issues I'd guess. No other CPU can have it's multiplier raised.

The point you guys are missing is that even though an Opteron can reach the stock performance of a Fx-57 with its max potential does not mean it owns it. What makes you think that the Fx-57 can't be overclocked? I've seen many people run their Fx-57 at 3.5+ GHZ stable, and uses it everyday. Can your opterons do that? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom