Really Need HELP! (In middle of build!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay well I just plugged in what I believe to be the 4-pin CPU power on the mobo. I am going to go have a smoke and say a small prayer that was the problem the whole time and that when I come to turn it on in 5 minutes that I will see something on the screen.

Wish me luck...

I could take a picture but it'd be with a crappy iPhone I lost my digital camera unfortunately and with this lighting the iPhone picture would be terrible.

I took patonb's obvious advice and read about the led lights. It says the the problem area will continue "lighting" if their is a problem. Lighting to me I would assume blinking? If that is the case the blinking LED is "DRAM LED." I assume that means RAM? Does that mean their is something wrong with my RAM?

Also the Boot LED is solid green. It isn't blinking but it is solid green at the bottom of the Mother Board. I still cannot hear anything.

I don't know if that helps anyone with my problem?

I just want to be sure about one more thing also. The 8-pin CPU (I discovered it was actually 8-pin half of it was covered by a little plastic black cover) is supposed to be connected to the PSU correct?

Also should I try seating the RAM into the other three slots?

IT TURNED ON!!!!!! But I only have one stick of RAM in and it was the third one I put in. Does that mean the other two sticks are bad/broken?

Okay tried that and it didn't turn on in all the different spots in fact I just put it into the spot where it turned on the one time and now it isn't turning on again. Does that mean that I am not seating the RAM itself properly or is it something wrong with the RAM sockets on the Mother Board?

EDIT: Okay I just got it to turn back on into the one spot that I got it to turn in the one time. Is this maybe just a problem with how I am seating the RAM? Should I try to put a 2nd piece of RAM in and see what happens?

Is it most likely the Mother Board sockets? Or could it just be my seating of the RAM itself?

You might not be seating it properly otherwise it's the motherboard. Make sure you hear both the clips snap on the ram. Ram is the only thing you need to apply force to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom