Really hate Vista... - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Really hate Vista...

ohhhhh... the TIDES are TURNING!!! hahaha.... Vista is great. I have a few minor problems but nothing more than the lack of a shortcut or two.

GPU: MSI GTX 260 @ 650MHz/1175MHz
CPU: Intel E6750 @ 3.4GHz/1.33v/60c
HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
SND: Creative Audigy 4
SPK:Logtech X-540s
MOS: Logitech MX600 Wireless Laser
LCD: HANNS-G 28" Widescreen
Old 06-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

my freind will give it to me.... hes planning on buying it.... hes a goodie toshoes... so... ya....

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 06-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Bulldog

I have both Vista Ultimate and Xp pro on my primary machine. Vista isnt bad per se, really all my Linux buddies give it more heck than it deserves but it doe shave quirks. Some games act slow, others like Halo act just plain weird, but its a graphics drivers problem more than anything. it's ram usage isn't too bad even on one gig, but 512 megs is dismal. The drm stuff will be a pain but it isn't used yet and me thinks by then there will be hacks to circumvent it, the UAC is APITA but its easy to turn off. Right now it is ok as an OS but there isn't really a great need to switch yet, and besides Xp doesn't have the ability to give M$ total control of the pc.

<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
Old 06-24-2007, 07:13 AM   #34 (permalink)
The Grinch

I love halo on vista, it's really buggy... Some points in the game... I end up walking through walls... Doom 3 is unplayable on it for me.... And I always redirect the documents folders to a server... Server crashed one day and I couldn't redirect the damned folders to a backup drive because the old directory no longer existed.... Had to set up another machine with the same name and everything just so i could redirect them to a backup drive... There are some other things I dislike about vista, but I am sure it would be much better if my monitor would stop acting up... When it is starting I see the RAM usage hit 90&#37; but after a bit of loading it goes down to 58%... %63 playing a 12 player map on war 3 tft... On xp that would max my 1gb out quickly.... Doom 3 doesn't like 1gb on vista at all... Can't play what so ever, and it's really really chopy.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:50 AM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Vista looks great and everything and I think it could get somewhere but I had a lot of problems getting drivers and the drivers isnt as good as the current XP drivers for example my sound was a lot worse in vista than XP. The companies like ASUS and so on should put more effort in in making vista drivers
AMD X2 4200
ASUS M2N - e
1gb A data DDR2 667
CPU-Z Validator
Old 06-24-2007, 02:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
TeH ViZarD
Send a message via AIM to PanzerKammander

Asus packages updated vista drivers with their new mobos. Ive had no problem getting drivers to work, and drivers that I couldnt find, vista automaticlly picked the part up and the driver was their in my auto update window to download.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Originally Posted by Camshaft View Post
Vista looks great and everything and I think it could get somewhere but I had a lot of problems getting drivers and the drivers isnt as good as the current XP drivers for example my sound was a lot worse in vista than XP. The companies like ASUS and so on should put more effort in in making vista drivers
ya that is one of the major problems i have a creative x-fi fatality and my front panel doesn't work because they haven't released drivers for it...kind of a big disappointment.
Alienware Full Tower Aurora Case
Amd X2 4800 socket 939
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
2x 500gb Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s (running at 1.5 Gb/s)
Radeon® X1950PRO AGP Xtreme Gamer Edition AGP x8
Logitech Z-5500 Digital
Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS 7.1 Channels
VIGOR GAMING CLT-M2A 92mm Thermal Electric CPU Cooler
SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM ATX12V (700 watts)
Logitech G15
LG Flatron Wide 24in
Razer Copperhead Green (First Edition)
AHS 615 Gaming Headset
Windows Vitsa Ultamite (running at 32-bit)
Old 06-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
True Techie

Be smart like me wait til next summer to buy a Vista Ultimate machine. If by next summer it still has issues I'll wait longer for a new stable OS.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Originally Posted by beedubaya View Post
I would say that is a bit off - there is absolutely no need for anymore than 2GB on an XP platform. I'm not sure if it has been fixed in Vista, but XP could only access 3.2GB of RAM or so even if you had 4GB installed. If you use 32-bit Vista, you dont need anymore than 2GB of RAM. If you want to go higher, just get the 64-bit version.

Vista doesn't actually use as much memory as it appears to, because that is precaching and when a program actually needs the memory, it frees it up. And get the new Alcohol 120&#37;. For some reason, Vista does not like the older versions of media burning software such as alcohol, nero, etc.
I just installed Windows XP x64. And so far, I prefer it over Vista.
  • It is faster. It boots up and shuts down faster, it runs programs faster, and I get higher FPS in games.
  • it doesn't use nearly as much hard drive space (I prefer using more space on my new Raptor drive for programs)
  • I do have all the drivers I need, including drivers for my X-Fi XtremeMusic, and my 8800 GTS.
  • XP x64 supports 64-bit programs, plus the 128GB headroom for RAM. But it also doesn't eat up as much RAM as Vista does.
  • It actually does run the programs I need
Yes, XP x64 used to be pretty buggy. But with SP2, it runs very stably.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #40 (permalink)

why you buy a vista ultimate machin I hope your going to be smart and actually build it yourself and spend half the amount of cash you would normally

Closed Thread