Is it really that hard? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Is it really that hard?

Both ATi and Nvidia are very powerful companies that can do very powerful things. But why do they have such a hard time with drivers sometimes?

I mean, they designed the cards, you think they could easily make decent drivers to go along with it. We've seen how much drivers can play a role in how well the gpu performs in real games.. isn't that what the two companies aim for, performance?

Old 05-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Devious Techie
Send a message via ICQ to therascalking Send a message via AIM to therascalking Send a message via Yahoo to therascalking
Default Re: Is it really that hard?

so wait... whats your question?
or your point? other than that drivers, like alottt of things in a computer, are sometimes frustrating?
or... what knowledge are you imparting upon the denizens of this forum?
and most of all... what does this have to do with "Building, Buying, or Upgrading High Performance PC Systems"???
im a bit lost... haha XD - RK

*School, work, girls? No time for computers! :P*
Old 05-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Worse come to worse if both companies make bad drivers (like nVidia did with their 7 and 5 series) and if ATi does (like x1x00 series and HD2xxx series) you could always get Geforce Omega Forceware Drivers or Radeon Omega Catalyst Drivers
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 05-19-2008, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Not really a question.. I just always wondered why Ati and Nvidia sometimes have such a hard time with making decent drivers.

Ughh.. idk I probably should have put this in another section
Closed Thread