Really disappointed by this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see why you're so angry against the ENTIRE Tech Forum community and like Zucchini said, it takes 5 minutes of reasearch to find the information.

least you know more about computers now ;)

Helpful hint, read alot of the pinned stuff before you start posting away.

ya I personally think people should find out there specs by themselves before even asking questiopn like : My computer wont play this game, tell me what to get to make it better.

It is as easy as doing a 3 min. download and clicking a button to give you all your info

lancec2c30 said:
It is as easy as doing a 3 min. download and clicking a button to give you all your info

Or if you need to find out information about the video card, it's a click on the Start button, and a click on the Run button, followed by typing "dxdiag" and clicking on the "Display" tab!

well if it wasn't for this forum and these wonderful "posters" i would still be buying a dell. My new computer rocks
thanks everyone
(ps sorry if this is off topic mods feel free to dlete if neccessary

A word of advice then: next time you want advice about upgrading your hardware, find out the exact specs of your PC beforehand so that the people helping you will have all the information they need to give you good advice.

If you don't know how to find out the specifications of your PC than that should be the first thing you ask/search. To find out your specs:

Run msinfo32.exe for the Windows System Information Tool

Run devmgm.msc for Device Manager

Run dxdiag for DirectX Diagnostics

also there are tools you can download such as:

SIW - http://www.gtopala.com/about_siw.html

CPU-Z - http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

NERO INFOTOOL - http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=download.html#neroinfotool

Yeah its everone's fault except yours. Maybe you should read your first post, You are the one that said you were upgrading to an X2 everyone just assumed you at least knew what socket you had for pete's sake. My 8 year old knows what socket cpu she has.

This should have been warning enough for you to at least take 2 minutes and check yourself FFS.

aliasaid said:
if your 3200+ is 2.2ghz, then you can NOT upgrade to dual core because that would mean that your comp is socket 754. run cpu-z to make sure what socket your mobo is. if its actually 2.0ghz, then most likely its socket 939 and therefore you can upgrade to dual core...

And btw, wow awesome call aliasaid. He knew it was 754 just by the clock speed. If he didn't notice the clockspeed no one would have even thought it wasn't 939.

ARG!! Learn how to research!
Jumpin on the bandwagon cause I need more posts under my belt.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor (512 KB L2 cache, 2.20GHz, 1600FSB)

even that is more than enough to tell it is S754. while the S754 port of the venice may be 2.0ghz i think that even it still conforms to the old s754 1600 MT/s HT link. as opposed to the 2000 MT/s HT of the s939 processors.

i don't think it is necessary for anyone else to tell this guy that "he is wrong". we all make mistakes and he'll learn from this, but there is no need to add insult to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom