Really disappointed by this forum - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Really disappointed by this forum

I came here as a newb computer builder and i was seeking help to upgrade my emachine T6410 and i was told by members that it was a socket 939.
Well i ordered many things including AMD Athlong 64 X2 4400+ now as i proceded to remove my old processor and try to install my new one i found out that my cpu was 754 and as i ptried to reinstall my old processor some pins got bent

Now i got to blow more money buying a new mother board and a case which really saddens me as i got no pc for about a week.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to MrZucchiniHead

just RMA the CPU and get a s754 one, i mean really you should of at least known the socket your CPU is, how would people on the forums know, you could of even googled it.

so dont be dissapointed at the forum, be dissapointed in yourself.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by MrZucchiniHead
just RMA the CPU and get a s754 one, i mean really you should of at least known the socket your CPU is, how would people on the forums know, you could of even googled it.

so dont be dissapointed at the forum, be dissapointed in yourself.
Really well google it for me mister know it all and tell me if you find anything.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Plus whats the point of having forums if you arent going to ask for help and expect people who answer you to know the answer to the question or not answer at all.

MrZucchiniHead people like you shouldnt blabber too much when it seems you have nothing good to say.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

well i found on cnet that it's a s939

http://reviews.cnet.com/eMachines_T6...-31466283.html

you have to scroll down a lot, it's under slot provided

here again it syas s939.
http://www.windowsmarketplace.ca/spe...=319040&stext=

and yet again, it syas s939
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/eMachin...-31466283.html

so, maybe google failed, download everest and see what it says you have
http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

well, i found something.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Yeah I went back to that thread you're talking about. Only one post on the whole thread was even about the processor, and that was the one advising you that "any 939 processor will work". And while that poster is at fault for not confirming what motherboard you have before making that suggestion(and for even suggesting it for that matter since you didn't even ask about processors), you're also at fault for not specifying that information yourself. We can't do all the work for you, and read your mind. Either find out what your specs are or ask how to find them out.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by solid102
MrZucchiniHead people like you shouldnt blabber too much when it seems you have nothing good to say.
i had alot of good to say, there are a ton of ways to tell what CPU you have, like cedjunior said, we cant read your mind.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Techie

dude im sorry for that man. well next time u will tripple check stuff. and not take what ever some one says here. Instead take what they say and research it.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Monster Techie

For one, this should be in Off Topic, though that's irrelevant.

Zucchini and ced and efd are right. We can't do all the work for you. You need to be specific, as well. You could have also asked in that thread if you could download a program (CPU-Z, Everest) that would confirm or deny that it is socket 939 or other. If anyone, you are most at fault. Instead of trying to confirm that he was right about the socket, you went ahead and spent money, ending up blowing it because you obviously tried forcing the processor into your motherboard. For future reference, the CPU will be able to easily slide down into the socket.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Actually, in the thread you were asking about RAM. You mentioned upgrading the CPU, but didn't ask about it.

I'm the eMachine supporter in these parts, and normally look up models when there are questions. But no question was asked. I jst now pulled up your model and it says 754 with the mobo:
Quote:
MS-7145 RS480 754P K8 IXP400
but not with the CPU:
Quote:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor (512 KB L2 cache, 2.20GHz, 1600FSB)
Don't paint TF with such a broad brush. While usually a mistake like that is caught by members, anyone Googling the model would have found what Zucchini did. I use a specific site to find the hardware of specific models. But judging the entire site because of one screw-up is totally unfair.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Closed Thread