Really disappointed by this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

solid102

Baseband Member
I came here as a newb computer builder and i was seeking help to upgrade my emachine T6410 and i was told by members that it was a socket 939.
Well i ordered many things including AMD Athlong 64 X2 4400+ now as i proceded to remove my old processor and try to install my new one i found out that my cpu was 754 and as i ptried to reinstall my old processor some pins got bent :(

Now i got to blow more money buying a new mother board and a case which really saddens me as i got no pc for about a week.

just RMA the CPU and get a s754 one, i mean really you should of at least known the socket your CPU is, how would people on the forums know, you could of even googled it.

so dont be dissapointed at the forum, be dissapointed in yourself.

MrZucchiniHead said:
just RMA the CPU and get a s754 one, i mean really you should of at least known the socket your CPU is, how would people on the forums know, you could of even googled it.

so dont be dissapointed at the forum, be dissapointed in yourself.

Really well google it for me mister know it all and tell me if you find anything.

Plus whats the point of having forums if you arent going to ask for help and expect people who answer you to know the answer to the question or not answer at all.

MrZucchiniHead people like you shouldnt blabber too much when it seems you have nothing good to say.

well i found on cnet that it's a s939

http://reviews.cnet.com/eMachines_T6410_Media_Center_PC/4507-3118_7-31466283.html

you have to scroll down a lot, it's under slot provided

here again it syas s939.
http://www.windowsmarketplace.ca/specs.aspx?itemId=319040&stext=

and yet again, it syas s939
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/eMachines_T6410_Media_Center_PC/4507-3118_16-31466283.html

so, maybe google failed, download everest and see what it says you have
http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

well, i found something.

Yeah I went back to that thread you're talking about. Only one post on the whole thread was even about the processor, and that was the one advising you that "any 939 processor will work". And while that poster is at fault for not confirming what motherboard you have before making that suggestion(and for even suggesting it for that matter since you didn't even ask about processors), you're also at fault for not specifying that information yourself. We can't do all the work for you, and read your mind. Either find out what your specs are or ask how to find them out.

solid102 said:
MrZucchiniHead people like you shouldnt blabber too much when it seems you have nothing good to say.

i had alot of good to say, there are a ton of ways to tell what CPU you have, like cedjunior said, we cant read your mind.

dude im sorry for that man. well next time u will tripple check stuff. and not take what ever some one says here. Instead take what they say and research it.

For one, this should be in Off Topic, though that's irrelevant.

Zucchini and ced and efd are right. We can't do all the work for you. You need to be specific, as well. You could have also asked in that thread if you could download a program (CPU-Z, Everest) that would confirm or deny that it is socket 939 or other. If anyone, you are most at fault. Instead of trying to confirm that he was right about the socket, you went ahead and spent money, ending up blowing it because you obviously tried forcing the processor into your motherboard. For future reference, the CPU will be able to easily slide down into the socket.

Actually, in the thread you were asking about RAM. You mentioned upgrading the CPU, but didn't ask about it.

I'm the eMachine supporter in these parts, and normally look up models when there are questions. But no question was asked. I jst now pulled up your model and it says 754 with the mobo:
MS-7145 RS480 754P K8 IXP400
but not with the CPU:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor (512 KB L2 cache, 2.20GHz, 1600FSB)

Don't paint TF with such a broad brush. While usually a mistake like that is caught by members, anyone Googling the model would have found what Zucchini did. I use a specific site to find the hardware of specific models. But judging the entire site because of one screw-up is totally unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom