*READ FIRST* Updated Power supply guide

You won't always have to use all of the cables from the PSU. It could either be a 8 pin CPUpower cable or 8 pin cable for powering a graphics card.

oh i see okay thanks, and you know the fan cable on the fan itself theres a male and female socket can I use the female to connect the other fan, coz i already used the male? so it will just use one PSU cable for fans.

^Yea, we were all fooled by that deal i guess, lol. Seemed like a pretty good deal. (nice article btw james)

Weird stuff started to happen @ 80% of power rating and completely died when under full load. They had bundled the 600watt with the 5850 on newegg; So if the 600watt PSU acts similarly to the 750watt they tested, we can assume that it will start to hickup past the 80% mark as well, which is around 480watt. So, in theory, if a system pulls a grand total of 450watts, you should be okay! lol.. although i would avoid it altogether..

A system under full load with a 5850 pulled 315watts. Here's the link:

AnandTech: AMD?s Radeon HD 5850: The Other Shoe Drops

So for those who did get the newegg combo, they should be okay as long as they don't do crossfire or put their system under unusually high loads.

Yeah, and since they got the PSU for free basically (with the deal), they could opt to try and sell it and put the funds towards a new and better PSU.

It depends on what other hardware you have, but unless you have a crazy power hungry setup that psu is definitely fine for a CPU OC.

If something is "80 PLUS GOLD Certified" does that necessarily mean its a good PSU? Or does having good efficiency not necessarily mean its a solid PSU?

If something is "80 PLUS GOLD Certified" does that necessarily mean its a good PSU? Or does having good efficiency not necessarily mean its a solid PSU?

because there aren't many GOLD certified units currently, I guess you can put it that way

currently, all the gold units are top notch

but for it to be good in my book there are other factors mainly: efficiency, ripple, high voltage stability, and acoustic noise

last but not least... price, but that's not a physical aspect of the psu :\

Back
Top Bottom