Read all Q6600 G0 owners:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Ive often heard something here and there about inaccurate q6600 g0 temperature readings and wonder if theres any truth to this statement:

"Your CPU is not defective. Current software does not support accurately reading G0 temperatures. Intel used a new thermal junction maximum value so it is throwing off current temperature monitoring software because they are using the old value in their delta calculations. "

Can anyone confirm this?

yes, temps should be 15C higher than what the software ur using gives u. say if everest reads it at 40C then its actually 55C

yes, temps should be 15C higher than what the software ur using gives u. say if everest reads it at 40C then its actually 55C

but core temp gives me temps of like 42,34,34,37 at idle, so your saying the real temps are 15 C higher then this? That doesn't make any sense

Why doesn;t it make any sense? You may have just found out your heatsync or paste isn't applied correctly :p

All C2D and C2D quad chips have a DTS inside the cores. For non-quad C2D chips, that constant is 85. So your Core Temp = 85 - DTS where DTS is the number the DTS is reporting. For a quad C2D chip, the constant is 100. So Core Temp = 100 - DTS.

They raised this constat, there fore the temp readings that software gives you is fof by 15 degrees. This is only so in some programs though! SpeedFan is said to be innacurate! But you can set speedfan to offset the temps automaticly. CoreTemp is a good app to use as it correctly states the temps.

Yeah use coretemp, it'll even show you that the T-junction is set at 100. I even double checked coretemp against my bios temp readings and it was spot on. 35 degrees

Whats to say thats not off? How are you sure it is not affected?

How good/bad an idea would it be to imbed a thermocouple in the thermal paste? How thick is the thermal paste layer? If not, could you stick a blob on the side of the heatsink block and imbed a thermocouple in that?

I quite like the idea of having diagnostics that I can actually trust rather than relying on software written by some moron at microsoft who can't enter the correct number into a box.

i will be aquiring a G0 soon. but wateva happened to the 3.9GHz at stock cooling? and heaps cooler. mine idles at 39c which doesnt seem to be too far behind everyone else

Speedfan, coretemp, everest, etc are not microsoft programs. My core temps change but my t-junction is always at 100, why is that? Currently im sitting at around 40 degrees idle at 3ghz and stock voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom