RE:Q6600 bad batchs...NOW WHAT??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
RE:Q6600 bad batchs...NOW WHAT??!!

What do I get now then? I already have the 860i, so I'm limited to 65nm tech. the q6600 is still a favorite and I JUST found a G0 one after about a month looking. is the q6600 still what I need to go for, or do I sell my 680i to get a 780 or 790i, or what? I'd REALLY rather not get rid of the 680i, really really rather not cause no matter what I sell it for, it's not going to be enough to realistically get the 790i. any help would be appreciated!

Re: Q6600 bad batchs...NOW WHAT??!!

they're just crying cause you can't OC a 2.6 to 4.5, q6600's really aren't terrible. you just can't overclock them as high as you use to, but as they stated 3.6+ is still achievable.

stick with the q6600. Unless you are an overclock whore like some of us, its way more than you'll need.

never overclocked before in my life. I tried on a pI or PII, but yeah, no sucess... blackscreened it and everything, reset RAM unplugged everything, the whole nine yards, but I digress. yes, I am going to push every OUNCE of OC I can out of it, that's why I'm asking.

There is NOTHING wrong with them, they just don't overclock like the "old" ones did. Push it all you want, hopefully you have an aftermarket cooler :D

overclocking is alot easier than it was in the past. Chips these days will shut down long before you can hurt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom