Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!! - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

Im glad to see some of you guys were able to find some! and yes the keys are so quite, I no longer hear myself typing lmao!!

Also I called every BB in my state, and none of them were selling them for that price, so I went to CC adn they matched it right away .

I only wish all the keys lit up but thats ok
__________________

__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,164
Send a message via AIM to ThirdLeft152
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpixel View Post
Im glad to see some of you guys were able to find some! and yes the keys are so quite, I no longer hear myself typing lmao!!

Also I called every BB in my state, and none of them were selling them for that price, so I went to CC adn they matched it right away .

I only wish all the keys lit up but thats ok
CC matched a clearance price? what did you have to show them?

edit: nagasama i think i found out the real reason why they are cheaper at some stores rather than others. the guy at my best buy said that at some of the smaller stores they carry fewer items and so they have to clearance some things to make room for other more popular products. At bigger stores they aren't clearance because they don't need to get rid of it. i work in retail and i know what he's talking about (i work in one of the larger stores in my area, and we always carry more things and don't clearance things at the same times as the smaller stores). no whether this is true for best buy i don't know, but it makes sense. the 2 best buys near my house are the 2 newest and largest ones in the area.
__________________

__________________

My gaming rig:
ASUS P6T | i7-920 D0 @ 4.0GHZ - 1.25v w/ H50
GTX 460/768MB (750/1500/2000) | 12GB Corsair DDR3-1600 @ (8-8-8-24)
2 x PS-100 32GB SSD Raid 0 | 4 x WD 750GB Raid 5 | Corsair 620HX
Asus 21.6" LCD (1080p) | LG 32" TV (1080p)
Logitech G15 | Logitech MX518 | Logitech MX1100 | Razer Mamba
Heatware | http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=59417
ThirdLeft152 is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdLeft152 View Post
CC matched a clearance price? what did you have to show them?

edit: nagasama i think i found out the real reason why they are cheaper at some stores rather than others. the guy at my best buy said that at some of the smaller stores they carry fewer items and so they have to clearance some things to make room for other more popular products. At bigger stores they aren't clearance because they don't need to get rid of it. i work in retail and i know what he's talking about (i work in one of the larger stores in my area, and we always carry more things and don't clearance things at the same times as the smaller stores). no whether this is true for best buy i don't know, but it makes sense. the 2 best buys near my house are the 2 newest and largest ones in the area.

Well i live Pacific, but I went in late at night like right before closing, and there was only one guy, and he just looked at it, and probably did not care about clearance, or did not notice it and matched it.
__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,164
Send a message via AIM to ThirdLeft152
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpixel View Post
Well i live Pacific, but I went in late at night like right before closing, and there was only one guy, and he just looked at it, and probably did not care about clearance, or did not notice it and matched it.
thats cool. well i actually found one store that has one left, but its 30 miles away and i would have to drive through Dallas and 6 other cities to get to it during rush hour. so im just gonna have to wait and see how it plays out. my mom said she might go get it for me after work since she works in downtown Dallas and is already more than half way there. otherwise im gonna be going to CC and try my luck.
__________________

My gaming rig:
ASUS P6T | i7-920 D0 @ 4.0GHZ - 1.25v w/ H50
GTX 460/768MB (750/1500/2000) | 12GB Corsair DDR3-1600 @ (8-8-8-24)
2 x PS-100 32GB SSD Raid 0 | 4 x WD 750GB Raid 5 | Corsair 620HX
Asus 21.6" LCD (1080p) | LG 32" TV (1080p)
Logitech G15 | Logitech MX518 | Logitech MX1100 | Razer Mamba
Heatware | http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=59417
ThirdLeft152 is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdLeft152 View Post
thats cool. well i actually found one store that has one left, but its 30 miles away and i would have to drive through Dallas and 6 other cities to get to it during rush hour. so im just gonna have to wait and see how it plays out. my mom said she might go get it for me after work since she works in downtown Dallas and is already more than half way there. otherwise im gonna be going to CC and try my luck.
Ok good luck!!
__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 21
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

im calling many Best Buys but none of them have it for such a price.

I called my local CC and they said they had to call the Best Buy that had it for such a price and that it had to be in stock.
flushentitypacket is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #37 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,164
Send a message via AIM to ThirdLeft152
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpixel View Post
Ok good luck!!
got it! however it was a return and is missing one of those blue key covers. i don't think i'll be to worried about the missing cover anyway... hopefully it'll work though!
__________________

My gaming rig:
ASUS P6T | i7-920 D0 @ 4.0GHZ - 1.25v w/ H50
GTX 460/768MB (750/1500/2000) | 12GB Corsair DDR3-1600 @ (8-8-8-24)
2 x PS-100 32GB SSD Raid 0 | 4 x WD 750GB Raid 5 | Corsair 620HX
Asus 21.6" LCD (1080p) | LG 32" TV (1080p)
Logitech G15 | Logitech MX518 | Logitech MX1100 | Razer Mamba
Heatware | http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=59417
ThirdLeft152 is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,009
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

ill get back to u guys, i bought 2 but i might be giving one to my buddy

anyone wanna buy a saitek eclipse instead?? ^^
AP4LIFETN is offline  
Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 AM   #39 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdLeft152 View Post
got it! however it was a return and is missing one of those blue key covers. i don't think i'll be to worried about the missing cover anyway... hopefully it'll work though!
that stuff is for macros, not that big of a deal :P
__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Old 02-14-2008, 01:28 AM   #40 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,164
Send a message via AIM to ThirdLeft152
Default Re: Razer Tarantula on sale for 20 bucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpixel View Post
that stuff is for macros, not that big of a deal :P
yeah i know. oh well i probably wouldn't be able to use them anyway because it probably doesn't have the ones i'll need. i'll just memorize the keys lol
__________________

__________________

My gaming rig:
ASUS P6T | i7-920 D0 @ 4.0GHZ - 1.25v w/ H50
GTX 460/768MB (750/1500/2000) | 12GB Corsair DDR3-1600 @ (8-8-8-24)
2 x PS-100 32GB SSD Raid 0 | 4 x WD 750GB Raid 5 | Corsair 620HX
Asus 21.6" LCD (1080p) | LG 32" TV (1080p)
Logitech G15 | Logitech MX518 | Logitech MX1100 | Razer Mamba
Heatware | http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=59417
ThirdLeft152 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you crazy enough to win a Razer Piranha? Trotter Off Topic Discussion 10 01-25-2008 10:59 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.