Rate My Setup Please

4/10
Awful power supply, and I would have gotten higher speed RAM.
PSU aside, this seems like a decent lower mid range gaming computer.

It would depend on the scale. What do you want to do with this build? And what is your budget? or have you already got it?

But yeah, at least get a better PSU (brand) and 1600mhz RAM if you want to improve it.

and lol Hayden.

If THAT is a 4/10 than mine's in the negatives haha... oh I need a new computer
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. You have to look at it this way, if he is building it now it would be a 4/10 because for a bit more money he could have a whole lot more. Your laptop on the other hand if bought around the 2006 or 2007 era would have been more like an 8 disregarding the IGP.

To the OP, if you are buying this now or plan to, I would seriously reconsider the PSU and RAM. 1600mhz for the minimum on AMD and a Corsair, Antec, Thermaltake, or Silverstone PSU.

PSU I got for 20 at microcenter on sale, the video card I got off craigslist for 50.00 like 2 months ago, and the memory I got for 10.00 off craigslist. The proc, mobo, and heatsink is the only money I really put out. Not bad for what I paid to build it. Plus got the case and led lighting for 30.00.

PSU I got for 20 at microcenter on sale, the video card I got off craigslist for 50.00 like 2 months ago, and the memory I got for 10.00 off craigslist. The proc, mobo, and heatsink is the only money I really put out. Not bad for what I paid to build it. Plus got the case and led lighting for 30.00.
It was 20 dollars for a reason. You need to upgrade that asap. The rest is fine for a cheap used based computer, but that PSU has to go. Reason we all say this is because when a CPU dies, it goes and you replace it. If your PSU goes it is a 50/50 gamble whether it will simply not turn on anymore, or go with a bang from bad components and send a surge through your whole system. Then you spend the next few months figuring out what your PSU took with it. If that happens, it's best to replace the whole lot because even if something survives it could have minor problems that could lead to crashing and constant instability.

It was 20 dollars for a reason. You need to upgrade that asap. The rest is fine for a cheap used based computer, but that PSU has to go. Reason we all say this is because when a CPU dies, it goes and you replace it. If your PSU goes it is a 50/50 gamble whether it will simply not turn on anymore, or go with a bang from bad components and send a surge through your whole system. Then you spend the next few months figuring out what your PSU took with it. If that happens, it's best to replace the whole lot because even if something survives it could have minor problems that could lead to crashing and constant instability.

I def appreciate the advice, I am not a noob when it comes to building just very economic since I have a big mtg and 2 kids and a wife. What's a good brand Powersupply, I want to upgrade it to min 750 due to the fact I am getting another 5770 pretty soon for crossfire.

I def appreciate the advice, I am not a noob when it comes to building just very economic since I have a big mtg and 2 kids and a wife. What's a good brand Powersupply, I want to upgrade it to min 750 due to the fact I am getting another 5770 pretty soon for crossfire.
5770 cards don't take that much wattage. When I reviewed mine in Crossfire under my 1000w the wattage meter said 622w total with an i5 750 at stock (cards stock). Good brand would be Corsair, Thermaltake (tough power), or Antec. Not calling you a noob, just wanted to make sure you knew what could happen. I try to make it a point to anybody on here, don't skimp on the PSU. I understand the wife and kids thing too as I also have my own (fiance). :)

Back
Top Bottom