Rate My Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuicideMayne

Baseband Member
Whats up guys im done building my PC as today just added lil parts at a time.. and wanted to know what u guys think of it. any input will help thanxx again!

peace

Very nice, the only thing i would have done differently is instead of spending cash on 2 6800gts I'dve gone for one 7800gt. Oh and Id use xp pro non 64 version from what ive heard its got some software bugs and isnt as good as normal xp pro, yet. Very nice pc.

6.5/10. The only good things about it are the power supply and the motherboard. Mabey the hard drive, not sure on the model.

Pretty nice PC. If your a gamer, I would have gone for a 128mb vid card. Thats a very nice chunk of ram you got though :)

yeah I would DEFIETNLY take off xp64...your drivers are going to be different, half of your programs arent going to work and what not. Unless your runnings sql 64bit or something related like that there is no point of having xp64 on unless you love giving your self a headache.

well i had a 6800GT so i was like i should just get another 6800GT and sli theme also have a bunch of UV lights in my case to glow my motherboard.. to bad i dont have a cam..

003 said:
6.5/10. The only good things about it are the power supply and the motherboard. Mabey the hard drive, not sure on the model.

lol - forget the HDD, The AMD Athlon 4000+ is a great single core CPU.
It's rides up there along with the FX-55/57 & X2 4800+, 4400+
It's 4 or 5 on every benchmark those CPU's are on...

HAVOC2k5 said:
The AMD Athlon 4000+ is a great single core CPU.
It's rides up there along with the FX-55/57 & X2 4800+, 4400+
It's 4 or 5 on every benchmark those CPU's are on...
It's a waste of money. He obviously is an overclocker, because he got DFI and he has it overclocked. An opteron 146 not only would have been cheaper but would have easily overclocked to 2.8-3ghz, for a fraction of the price.

I wouldn't say he's obviously an overclocker just because he got a DFI board. Yes, they may be the best for overclocking, but a lot of people buy DFI although they aren't extreme overclockers or overclockers at all.

It's $334 USD? That's hardly as waste of money for a single core CPU, that is in the top 5 of all CPU's out there.

I'd much rather spend $334 on a top 5 CPU then buy a 146 Opteron and rely on heavy, "800Mhz - 1Ghz" overclocking to get the same performance. Plus the money that you have to spend in HIGH-END ram easily makes up the difference in cost.

OVERCLOCKING is good for some. May-be to get a little more out of a CPU. But, 800Mhz to 1Ghz? That's not realistic for most people.

Opteron 146 from 2.0Ghz to 2.8Ghz or 3.0Ghz...

right dude... how's he going to do that? The IHS mod? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom