Rate My Overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubangamer07

Solid State Member
MOBO: ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM ATX AMD
Processor: AMD FX-57 @ 2.8 Gigz
RAM: 4 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 (4x1GB)
Video Card: HIS HIGHTECH RADEON X1800XT 512MB (1.5 Ghz Memory Clock Speed)
HD: 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum

Having 4gb of RAM will slow you down, also I would look into the PCP&C 850W PSU. Western digital is coming out with 150gb raptors soon, I would wait for those and get them in RAID 0. Also Get an X-Fi sound card. If you get ATI you might want to consider a crossfire board. BTW my $180 opty 146 is better than your $1100 FX-57, mines clocked at 2.9GHz right now on air cooling. :D :D

cubangamer07 said:
are you being sarcastic?

I don't think he was.

Mobo is good
You could have gone with a less expensive CPU and overclocked to get same performance.

Assuming you're using windows... windows can't use more then 3GiG so you have another GIG that is totally useless.

HIS videocards aren't the greatest.

500GIG HDD's are far too expensive, when you can just buy (2) 250G HDD's for a total of about $140 less and configure them in RAID 0. You'd get a bit better performance, very close to the same storage capacity and a lot less the cost.

In my opinion, you could have spent $115 on the Creative X-fi Xtreme Music card which is 24times more powerful then the Audigy 2Zs platinum and like what, $60 cheaper?

So yeah, he was serious.

I havent gotten the computer yet thats why im asking here rate it, maybe give me more suggestions... Thank you all for the suggestions, and 003, you make me sad.

Im guessing i should go with 2 gigs only, since 4 wouldnt be necessary, I understand. The Processor is a bit extreme, any recommendations on an AMD i can get in order to overclock? I've never overclocked ANYTHING before so i don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom