Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell it and start again

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmn51

Solid State Member
Newbie here. I never built a computer before, however, I recently replaced my Compaq Desktop computer with my first "assisted" computer build and want to know if my new computer is overkill, average or below average. My signature will describe most if the items I have, what is missing is the following:

My IT Support person says I have an overkill for what I want, which is primarily internet usage, Video/Picture/Document editing and possible gaming. I am not that big on PC games, as I have both the PS3 and Xbox 360. Just wanted to receive your opinions.

Drives
LITE-ON SATA DVD-ROM Drive
LITE-ON SATA 20x DVD+-R DVD Burner w/LightScribe
MITSUMI USB 2.0 Digital Card Reader w/1.44MB 3.5" Floppy

TV Tuner
Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-150-PCI Interface Tuner

The cost was just below $2000 with the rebates. Nothing for the actual build, just time.

Now for the pics:

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

motherboard.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

Yes that is probably way overkill for what you listed as the use, but its payed for and it wasn't that expensive. It will last you a while and just in case you decide to game, you are definitely ready. This will come in handy for that pic/video editing though. It will do you good there but I don't know how much of that you do.

Awsome build

Iam going to be building a similar build and I was wondering if you could fit a 8800gtx in that case

Iam going to be getting a lian li and was wondering if I should go with the
v1000 or v2000(server case) for the purposes of the 8800 gtx

Awsome build
Iam going to be building a similar build and I was wondering if you could fit a 8800gtx in that case
Iam going to be getting a lian li and was wondering if I should go with the
v1000 or v2000(server case) for the purposes of the 8800 gtx

Thanks for the feedback.

With this setup, I could have installed the GTX, however, my friend who assisted me in the build stated that the difference between the GTX and GTS was minimal based on the price of each and my intent of the computer.

During the planning stages we were considering installing two GTS', however, since I wanted the TV Tuner, the second GTS wouldn't fit.

I forgot to add these photos...I purchased and installed two Thermaltake's iBox'es, 5.25" Drive Bay Accessory Box. They have them at Radio Shack. Sorry for the poor lighting, I had to use my Surefire Flashlight.

Closed:
DSC00504.jpg

Opened:
DSC00503.jpg

Top Opened:
DSC00506.jpg

Bottom Opened:
DSC00505.jpg

BMN

IMO you destroyed the look of that beautiful Lian-Li case with those boxes and black DVD drive. Good build otherwise, wiring could use a little work though.

I dont think its destroyed the looks , looks good still and good spec there :D

Now you said your not much of a gamer yet i spy Battlefield and 2142 haha, not much of a gamer you say? ;) but 2142 is awesome you picked the right game there

could of picked a nice case lol but nice spec, where did u buy all ur stuff from?

I dont think its destroyed the looks , looks good still and good spec there :D

Now you said your not much of a gamer yet i spy Battlefield and 2142 haha, not much of a gamer you say? ;) but 2142 is awesome you picked the right game there

My friend who assisted in the build told that he wouldn't talk to me anymore if I didnt purchase at least one game and tell him about the graphics. So, I went to my local PC store and they had Battlefield 2 Complete Collection and Battlefield 2142 on sale as a combo...so I got two kickass games, saw awesome graphics, flawless gameplay, and made my friend happy. Those are the only two games, as I have the PS3 and Xbox 360 to play games on.

BMN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom