rate my build! suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know plenty of people who are running Win7 just fine. It's not really buggy anymore; they fixed a lot of stuff. CarnageX is running it right now as his main OS, and he's able to do everything he could do in Vista, which includes F@H.

But either way, if the OP wanted he could bundle in Vista with the 1tb HDD for 80 bucks more, and it would still be way under budget. ;) Under 900 bucks after rebates.

yep, either way are build are pretty similar. except i have a 3850, so it's up to the OP on that choice.

holy crap, thanks for all the help guys... ok, if you read the OP i am restricted on case size, so that's why i chose that one. i dont want a window on it and i dont want LEDs but that is one of very very few standard atx cases i could find with the dimensions i need (see my other post http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/i-have-challenge-need-some-help-206947/#post1647966)

any other thoughts on the case are good cuz i dont want LEDs...

ok, so i like those amd builds w/ the graphics solution. just found out this morning a new requirement that i dont know much about. getting cable activated in the office for tv watching. we wont have a cable box, just the straight cable out the wall (adding a splitter to the inet line). i was looking at this:

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1800 MCE Kit 1128 PCI-Express x1 Interface - Retail with the monitor i selected (see OP) will this work? i guess i could run HDMI out if i got a video card with HDMI because the monitor itself has some small built in speakers... are there some good video cards out there with audio built in for the HDMI? we dont need good quality audio as its for recreational tv watching. also dont need the tv card to do anything great like record etc. with a variety of formats, just want good quality signal.

also need to make sure the video card i select is good with at 24inch lcd monitor... what is the best solution for all this?

for the video stuff ill be running vista ultimate 64 bit (i acutually have a buddy at microsoft who gets my all the retail version i need for like $30 so ill upgrade to win7 when the time is right)

That card should work fine with the monitor. Also, the motherboard I picked out has onboard HDMI.

The onboard GPU should handle that resolution just fine.

As for a case...there were other cases in that thread that would probably work. What about this one? Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite 360 RC-360-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

i saw that case earlier and i was going to get it but only has 1 internal HDD bay! arg..... ill keep searching.

and i just realized one MORE problem. i need to account for one of the old parallel/seriel ports for an old printer (may need to use vista 32 bit for driver support but we'll see). see the attached image. can i get some sort of USB converter for this thing? what kind of cable is that again?

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 15
Ugh, parallel cables...

Your best bet is to get a dedicated parallel card...but it would probably be worth it for him to get a new printer, to be honest. There aren't any really decent motherboards that come with parallel or serial ports anymore, they are antiquated.

Ugh, parallel cables...

Your best bet is to get a dedicated parallel card...but it would probably be worth it for him to get a new printer, to be honest. There aren't any really decent motherboards that come with parallel or serial ports anymore, they are antiquated.

sweet! i can get a dedicated pci card? im sure those are cheap right? its an older, but $2,000 some laser printer that still puts out supreme quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom