Rate my build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrok

Beta member
I want to be able to run rift on ULTRA setting with 0 lag. My laptop hardly does minimum. I know future proofing is hard but I'm hoping to get a system that will run Diablo 3 with no issues as well. Is this a pretty safe setup? Also is it worth getting the I7? Money isn't a HUGE issue for me. But I don't want to spend unnecessarily.

1 x Case ( NZXT Tempest EVO Gaming Case - Black )
1 x Processor ( Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache) )
1 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive ( PowerDrive Level 2 - Up to 20% Overclocking )
1 x Processor Cooling ( Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155 & 1156] - Enermax Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow) )
1 x Memory ( 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance )
1 x Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 1.2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Single Card )
1 x Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by ATI or NVIDIA )
1 x Motherboard ( [SLI] ASUS Sabertooth P67 -- Thermal Armor Airflow design )
1 x Power Supply ( 1000 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-1000HX )
1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive )
1 x Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
1 x Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
1 x Network Card ( Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card )
1 x Warranty ( Standard Warranty Service - Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )

i give it a 2

But seriously, ditch that liquid cooler and get a decent air or a corsair h70.

Is the i7 worth it?? big debate..... the 4 fake cores help bit, but $100 worth is up to you.

The NIC is a bit of a waste...

I got the NIC because I heard you can determine what programs take up what % of your computer and I would love to have that option. Will this build run RIFT on max?

Ive been out of the game for a long time but I am going to say no, from just glancing at the list it looks like your GPU is was under powered compared to what is on the market these days

One other thing is that looks like a pre built, why not build it your self?

Ive been out of the game for a long time but I am going to say no, from just glancing at the list it looks like your GPU is was under powered compared to what is on the market these days

One other thing is that looks like a pre built, why not build it your self?

No the 570 is the second best nvidia card out there now..... They dropped back a 0 to 4xx 5xx cards from 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom