Rate My Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I don't know if there is a thread for this where everyone posts their builds, but I just want to get your opinion on my build.

I live in Turkey and I think things are a little overpriced here; I paid 2274 $ For this build, and I'd like to hear your thoughts regarding how much I spent on this system and how much YOU think it is actually worth.

Note that I got this system in September 2008, at that time this GPU for example was pretty pricy because it was still one of the best ones out there.

My build is in my sig below, on a side note, originally I had Windows XP Pro but I switched to Vista Home Premium later on. The 2274$ price that I gave above includes a nice keyboard, mouse, sound system and a 1000VA UPS from Powersonic. My ram is 4x1: I would also like to hear your thoughts regarding this. Should I change it to something like 2x2 or 3x2?

It would help if someone was able to tell me how much ram my MoBo can support.

Are you able to give me any idea of approximately how much you would pay for such a build in Ontario or wherever you are living?

And any suggestions regarding my ram? Should I switch 4x1 ram to something like 2x2 or (in the future) 3x2 or even (if possible) 4x2?

Does anyone know how much ram my MoBo will support?

in ontario, maybe around 1500 with everything including the monitor and stuff.

There is sometimes problems with all dimms being filled but if you are not having problems then there is no reason to change them

Honestly mate, for ddr2 there is really not much point to get over 4gb, ddr3 you would normally get six instead of 3 though, but not ddr2. Just stick with what you have

I see. Thanks for the replies. Although I'm pretty sure vista 32-bit can use up to 3.5 or 4gb of ram? nevertheless it shows 4gb. I don't think I'm ''wasting'' as much as 1.5gb. Maybe .5 or 1gb at the max.

Let me rephrase my question though. Would it be better to use 2x2gb rams, compared to 4x1gb rams?

Luke - I have DDR3 ram, not DDR2.

Alrighty. I just get some BSoD's sometimes, and I think it's ram related, but I'm not sure. Thats why I wanted to ask.

It's about 3.5 less your gpu. If you check your "my computer" It'll tell you for sure what Vista sees vs whats in the slots.

2x2Gig is the best, less stessfull on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom