Raptors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyRo

In Runtime
i was wandering do they have the 36.7gb raptors with a 16mb Buffer.... i only seen like the 150g Raptor with a 16mb buffer....i wanna raid'em...if i culd find 2 36.7 with 16mb Buffer.... ive looked every where... no sign of 1 so i figured this wuld be my last chance

Your also better off going with a 74GB one it will be better than 2 two 36.7's.Its cheaper and I think would run faster.

they dont make 74gig raptors for SATAII yet as far as I know.

When it comes to loading your OS and games, data stripping on 2 36gigs over one 74gig would probably be faster, since it IS data stripping on two 10,000 w/ really low seaek times. but I could be wrong.

ok im kinda new to the whole sataII thing...wats the difference from sata and sataII

AFAIK, there are no SATA II Raptors, there's no need for SATA II at all right now really anyway, at least for the typical gamer. It's premature IMO. Raptor's are only needed really for gaming and intensive programs, so if your not doing that steer away from them.

Also, a 74Gb Raptor is $150, 2x36.7Gb Raptoprs is $200. If RAID is faster, and you want to pay the extra $50 go ahead. Personally, I don't think that the extra $50, slight increase in performance, and extra cable dangling in your case is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom