raptor hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, no. I would go for something possibly a little slower but with a much greater capacity. 74GB Might be enough but with so many games, movies and music floating around you might not really get your $156 worth.

I've got (1) 74GIG raptor. Yes, it was a bit pricey.

I use it for only windows and other system apps. Also, i've got some intensive programs on it. Everything else goes on my other HDD's.

Windows installs on a raptor in less then 11 minutes. (Fresh Format)

their good but i would rather spend that money on a better grfx card or 2 120gig hdd so i could have raid 0

I use it for only windows and other system apps. Also, i've got some intensive programs on it. Everything else goes on my other HDD's.

Windows installs on a raptor in less then 11 minutes. (Fresh Format)
I must agree...I have used a Raptor for my primary partition for nearly two years now for the operating system and all of my other programs and I will never go back to using a 7,200RPM drive again

They are pricey especially for the capacity but a lot of people underestimate how fast they really make things

gaara said:
I must agree...I have used a Raptor for my primary partition for nearly two years now for the operating system and all of my other programs and I will never go back to using a 7,200RPM drive again

They are pricey especially for the capacity but a lot of people underestimate how fast they really make things

alright, that's exactly what i wanted to hear.. raptor it will be!

Sh0r_ty said:
their good but i would rather spend that money on a better grfx card or 2 120gig hdd so i could have raid 0

yeah, it wasn't an option however i've lucked out on my graphics card and i think that everything else is pretty darn good in my system..

Cobalt said:
Personally, no. I would go for something possibly a little slower but with a much greater capacity. 74GB Might be enough but with so many games, movies and music floating around you might not really get your $156 worth.

yeah, i've considered this however i have an 80gb drive where i'll keep all my other crap. i've never had any problems with my 80gb either as far as running out of space..

Load times don't bother me that much, and the only thing a raptor is good for is decreasing load times. It may come in handy though since Unreal Engine 3 is supposedly going to load the maps as the game is playing to eliminate load times. But I'm not sure. I would not get a raptor and spend that extra money on a better graphics card, which will really help you in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom