Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karpfish24

In Runtime
ok, so right now i have a WD caviar 160gb hd. i have been having triouble with loading times with games so im gonna get a raptor. just a 36 gb one to hold only games. is this fine to do or is it totally retarded?

I don't really find a point in owning a Raptor. Yes it's faster, but that's what memory's for. The low capacity and price seems really retarded to me.

make sure you defrag your disk at least once a week. raptors are fast, but it probily wont make much difference onless you go RAID 0. if you do go with the raid,don't overclock too much,youll want stability. another thing, these drives sound like a chainsaw! they are very noisy.

well how many games do you have.... if its only like 5 games.. then go for it.... but games seem to get more space hungry so you may want to go bigger... cuz i found out all my games (doom 3, fear, sims 2 w/ nightlife and university, bf2, c&c generals, and all my half life games) take up 25.5 gb's... and i'm planning on getting alot more.. so if ur a hard core gamer and play alot.. i would say no, don't get 36 gb.. that is not enough in any way....

yea, but i just spent 90pounds on a new hdd to work with my existing 120mb 7.2k, for that cash i could have gottena nother gig of ram, makign 2gb, what would have had the mkost effect/been worth while

ya, i would say 74 gb is good enough dedicated to games.... for now.... i too am gonna order one with my next check, i can't wait to see how much of a difference it is compared to this 7200... not a very good hard drive to start with.. but i don't care!! haha you could also consider a 16mb cache 7200 rpm hard drive, i heard those were pretty fast as well... and this is a bit off top, but how do you connect a 15,000 rpm hard drive to a comp... its like a 60 something pin... or something like that....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822141140

i am stumped... SCSI Ultra320 80pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom