Raptor or 250 GB 7.2k RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
Which should I get? (I realize that they are ~25 cheaper online, but I'd rather buy in-store for a hard drive)

Microcenter also probably has the 250 GB as an OEM version which would take me down ~20 so thats nice... I didn't see any OEM Raptors last time I went sadly

WD 150 GB Raptor X

Seagate Barracuda 250 GB 7200.10

If your going to recommend an alternative... please get it from the Microcenter website or some other retailer such as Bestbuy or Circuit City... (I don't live near Fries and my local Comp USA went out of business)

I could really use the extra storage, but a Raptor is quite appealing to me to use as a boot drive and possibly a diagnostic or gaming drive.

My budget is pretty much capped at $200.

I've currently got a 250gb Drive

stick with the seagate 7200rpm drive. Since you need it for extra storage, the raptor is pretty much out of the picture. The raptor appeals mostly to enthusiast's who have them set up in a raid 0 config for gaming rigs.

You could try and get a seagate 7200.11, which has 32mb of cache if your store has it in stock.

BTW, why wont you get it from newegg?

Two Seagates w/16MB and NCG in a RAID0... high speed sweetness.

Well it all depends on your priorities if you really need an storage drive why don't you go with a more big storage disk like 500GB or 750GB? A 750GB can cost you round the same price as the Raptor online in sites like newegg..

If you are going to buy a Raptor remember that if you are going to use it as your primary hard drive is not a good idea to use it as storage because of obvious reasons..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom