Rant\ Do you normally have to pay for shipping both ways for a RMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way you worded it sounds like you'll only pay $15. Unless they speciffically specified you pay BOTH ways.

I know when I had to RMA a HDD to Seagate I had to pay the return shipping. It had to be insured and through a trackable provider, ie UPS. So in the end I paid almost 10 bucks to get it shipped. I would assume with a graphics card they would want the same standards. If it something they can fix they can re-sell it as a refurb so they want it in a good condition.

$15 for return shipping but it will probably cost me $15-$20 to ship it to them. So actually this will probably cost me more like $30 - $35. My psu costed a little over $20 to ship. The box will probably be about the same size but lighter so I'm guessing a little cheaper to ship.

But its not uncommon to have to pay shipping both ways?

I see what you are saying now. I was at school and reading quickly. In my opinion, if you have a valid warranty on an item, it should not cost you anything more then what it costs to ship it TO them. Anything after that is their responsibility. They are shipping it to you, they should cover that.

The way I think is you should ship it with invoice of how much it cost u for the shipping and they should fix/replace/upgrade the product and ship it to u for free with a refund. The sold u defective product so it's not your fault, they messed up, it's their fault and they still take money from u. I did not buy any pc parts for past 2 yrs as I'm sitting on a laptop so I don't know the way it "works" now but lemme give u example.
I'm a roofer, I give ppl 10yrs warranty for the work that I do, If I mess up (haven't yet) I have to come back to client, fix it for free, and hope he can still have good thoughts about the work that I did.
Now if I did it the way saphire (whoever else) does it, I would get a call that I messed up the work but I would tell the client to give me money for the gas to get to them and drive back home :)

The way I think is you should ship it with invoice of how much it cost u for the shipping and they should fix/replace/upgrade the product and ship it to u for free with a refund. The sold u defective product so it's not your fault, they messed up, it's their fault and they still take money from u. I did not buy any pc parts for past 2 yrs as I'm sitting on a laptop so I don't know the way it "works" now but lemme give u example.
I'm a roofer, I give ppl 10yrs warranty for the work that I do, If I mess up (haven't yet) I have to come back to client, fix it for free, and hope he can still have good thoughts about the work that I did.
Now if I did it the way saphire (whoever else) does it, I would get a call that I messed up the work but I would tell the client to give me money for the gas to get to them and drive back home :)

See the world would be a better place if you ran Sapphire. Thats exactly how I think it should be to. Or it should be that way for at least the first 90 days (I've had the card for less than that). After 90 days then you pay one way shipping.

I don't know I'm just really annoyed. I actually didn't even want a Sapphire card I originally wanted a HIS card but they were sold out when Newegg had their 15% few days later rebate going which is when I got the card. So I got the Sapphire card and waited to long to do a rma through Newegg since the problem wasn't to bad at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom