RAM woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

macombaland

In Runtime
Ok I was having a prob with my computer restarting randomly. I took out my OCZ ram, put it in my parents dell. The first time i fired up the dell it blue screened after about 5 minutes. After the next restart it ran nonstop for probably 15 hours until i shut it down. The dell hasnt randomly shut down again since that first time yesterday.

I put the dell memory in my comp. And it ran fine. No restarts or blue screens.

I ran memtest on the OCZ memory about 6 times, half the tests came back with errors and half came back clean.

I just want some peoples confirmation that this is most likely a ram problem before i RMA. Thanks

I would say that you have really narrowed it down to faulty RAM. Good work on the troubleshooting, that was quite thorough. At this point, I would RMA it.

Ya, but it still BSODed your Dell, so that has to say something. Plus the fact that your Dell RAM worked fine in your comp kinda says something.

ok this thread is coming back. I got my new ram today and im getting the exact same problem...blue screen. i dont understand because this thing didnt crash at all when i was usint 256mb of the cheapest most generic ram ever made.

im not 100% sure but i think it might have something to do with the dual channel ram. the 2 128mb sticks of cheapo stuff arent dual channel and they didnt crash it. ive tried 2 different sets of the stuff in my sig and it made this computer go to crap. It also seems to run better with only one stick of the OCZ at a time.

Does this dual channel theory make any sense? im desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom