Ram Upgrade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree

Beta member
I am thinking about upgrading from 1 gig to 2 gig's of ram. I have a gig of this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145523

I was reading reviews for this ram and i saw this one in particular that caught my eye...BUT BE CAREFUL: If you are running an A64, do NOT get four of these (2GB). You cannot run 1T command cycle with four SDRAM chips -- it's a problem w/ the A64 memory controller. If you need 2GB, get two 1GB chips. I have four and am stuck at 2T (which is a big performance hit). FYI.

I have an asus a8v deluxe mb, amd64 3500+, and a bfg 6800gt graphics card. Will getting a second gig really be worth it??

Thanks in advance

lol ok first of all please dont listen to underworld, and second of all 1gb is optimal peformance, 2gb is high performance. unless you do not game then you dont need 2gigs but im a gamer and you really need two gigs to max out bf2, fear, and morrowind oblivion also will need 2gigs. of course, unless you like memory lagg 1 gig will work lol. and i would also reccomend 2x1gb sticks, because going from 2t to 1t is a great difference, my brother is running a amd 64 3000 939 venice at 2.8ghz and hes runing 1t and his bandwidth is like 7.2gb hes also running ddr500, so thats why is bandwidth is so hi, i myself would love to have 2 gigs but it is expensive, but deffinetly worth the upgrade if you want to max out the latest games with no memory lagg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom