ram upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess. I probably will go for the crucial that was suggested earlier. It did get the best reviews. thanks

sorry if this is going to be a stupid question...but whats dual channel...whats the difference with a non dual channel.
If i bought one more 512 stick of ram, would it still work?
Because im low on money right now so i could buy one 512 stick for now and when i get money i can get another later.

sorry if this is going to be a stupid question...but whats dual channel...whats the difference with a non dual channel.
If i bought one more 512 stick of ram, would it still work?
Because im low on money right now so i could buy one 512 stick for now and when i get money i can get another later.

That's fine then. You didn't tell me that before. Yes that would work.

Dual channel is a technology, that doubles the output of info from the RAM. But dual channel is not a significant performance boost in memory. I could be wrong, but it's nice to have.

alright thanx a lot.
Its really tempting to spend more for the corsair thats 65 buks. 2X1GB.
hopefully with the new 7900gs i get ill be able to play games with good settings. Im looking forward to play Oblivion and stalker...i do know i will not be able to max them out but as long as they look good and play smooth.
Im gonna be purchasing it right now.
thanks again

I did it...i bought the whole 2X1GB...i just got some extra money from my rents...it was too tempting. it had sooo many reviews and still got 5 stars. Now to install these all i gotta do is just plug em in right...Thanks a lot all of you for your help. I never expected my self to upgrade my pc parts. It is an emachines and thats what sucks...im just trying to get the best out of it.

I would suggest you take out the 2 x 512mb sticks, and put in the 2 x 1gb by themselves. The computer will handle 2 x 1gb more effectively, then having 3gb of ram. You can either sell the 2 x 512mb sticks, or save them for a rainy day.

Yep it's not usually the best to use 2 different memory brand and timings as well. 2GB is plenty so I would sell your sticks on ebay or as he also suggested just save them just in case even.

sell on ebay? I have 4 available slots. Emachine gave me 2X512. So i got 2X512. I Ill have 2 gig in total. Im not sure what kind of ram emachine provided me with, but im guessing its real crappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom