ram upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I have an emachines T6420.
I want to upgrade to 2 gigs of ram.
Could anyone direct me to the correct kind i need.
I have 4 slots total and 2 used. So i could either buy 2 X 512. Or get rid of the 2X 512s I have now and get 2 X 1gb sticks.
which ever one is the cheapest.
Since I just bought a bfg 7900 gs, I'm hoping the extra ram will make the performance even better by a little bit.

could you direct me to a website please. And with my emachines will it work right when i plug it in the slots?

Get this or anything in this list
pqi, gskills, corsair, patriot, kingston, mushkin are all good brands
gskills, mushkin, and ocz are the high quality brand

alright thanks a lot. appreciate this. I will be buy the one with the best reviews. Probably the corsair or g skill.
Thats for that quick help. I just posted this lik 10 mins ago.
thanks

The corsair one that I posted in the beginning has the best reviews of 1700 people. I recommending getting that one.

for more ram requests, you could go to crucial.com

nice try, but please find me the page that has the information on what ram to get. that site doesnt have his computer on it
plus, the prices there are WAY too expensive

i already looked at crucial, they charge way too much.
As long as I know what exact kind i need.
Is it possible to buy only one 512 stick or do i have to buy 2X512 sticks?
because i dont think i need it that bad. im the only one in my family who plays games.

i already looked at crucial, they charge way too much.
As long as I know what exact kind i need.
Is it possible to buy only one 512 stick or do i have to buy 2X512 sticks?
because i dont think i need it that bad. im the only one in my family who plays games.

You said you wanted 2gb of ram, though. Plus getting 2 x 512 will keep the sticks running in dual channel, than having an odd number of sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom