ram timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenlingstyle

In Runtime
Hi, I bought a set of 1 GB OCZ PC3200 Platinum Rev 2 dual channel ram that supposedly have timings of 2-2-2-5. I'm not very familiar with timings, but I know that generally low is good.

Anyways, when I ran CPU-Z, the Memory tab shows timings of 2.5-3-3-7, although the SPD tab shows 2-2-2-5. What does this mean? I just hope I wasn't scammed by the seller.

I've attached the screenshots of the two tabs. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• cpuz1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 27
I would leave them a little loose like they are and see how far they will clock :D

idiotec said:
I would leave them a little loose like they are and see how far they will clock :D

If this guy doesnt know how to change ram timings, I highly don't recomend overclocking.

DJ-CHRIS said:
If this guy doesnt know how to change ram timings, I highly don't recomend overclocking.
LOL, good point, but notice I said "what I woud do", not what he should do.

But crap, he bought OCZ rev. 2's, how can you not OC those things :p

just so you know the SPD tab isn't showing you what the RAM is currently running at...it shows whats programmed into the RAM, sort of like a BIOS...meaning at 200MHz it should be running 2-2-2-5...so you do have the right sticks...like chris said you simply need to go into your BIOS and changing the timings to 2-2-2-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom