Ram and Raid Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Ram, Raid, Cooler Questions...

Just need some clarification so here are my questions:

1. Will Raid 0'ing two 160GB Barracuda 7200.11's give me comparable performance to an average SSD?

2. How much of a performance difference are we looking at with 2x3GB DDR3 1333mhz VS 1600mhz?

3. How is the Intel Stock cooler going to run a Corei7 920 at 3GHZ?

Thanks. Just bettering my knowledge...

Whats the average ssd? first gen ones were quite slow around 90mb/s read speed now they're 130+mb/s plus its acess times that really make them shine. In short no - not sure if this will work but it does on raptors if you partition the first sectors of the drive to 32gb you get a 10-20% speed boost as you reading the outer levels of the disk so the head isn't moving alot.

Not much unless your into your heavy overclocking like the solutions involving refigerants and then the extreme of liquid nitrogen.

God knows use google to find out with an advanced search I think it would run at that speed but the current I7's supposedly run quite hot

Nos has been using stock cooling and hit 3.8ghz. So I would say you would be able to attain 3.00ghz 24/7 use safely.

depends how much vcore u need to pump into your chip. i would say you will reach 3ghz relatively easy but going too much further over that you'll be best of using aftermarket cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom