RAM question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
Thanks for looking,

I currently have 2 x 1GB Corsair ValuRAM PC3200 (220MHz / 3-3-3-8).

What can I do to improve on the numbers? I just recovered from a colosal F'up when I went into BIOS and went straight to 250MHz (please no laughter or ridicule, even if I deserve it). PC wouldn't POST, then I got a checksum error.... all fixed now, but I digress...

I am fairly new to OC'ing RAM but have a working knowledge of what the numbers mean and the ratio between the 1st three numbers and the last number (mostly quickly learned from aforementioned experience).

Is there another RAM that anyone would recommend for high-end gaming and OC'ing?

CPU is an Athlon x2 3800+ (OC to 2200MHZ) w/ ASUS A8N32SLI-Delux MoBo.

Thanks!

You could probably get the CAS to 2.5 from 3. You won't get the best overclock since your using 1GB sticks. This is my CVS:
17000042786.jpg

What's your budget for new ram?

reggie_da_man said:
You could probably get the CAS to 2.5 from 3. You won't get the best overclock since your using 1GB sticks. This is my CVS:
17000042786.jpg

What's your budget for new ram?

I would spend $200 - $250.

Also: What's up with 1GB not getting the "best overclock"? And, I am running it in Dual Channel.

1GB kits overclock better than 2GB kits. It has something to do with the amount of chips or something. If I were you I'd look into some really nice OCZ Platnium REV. 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom