ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

peace2acorn

Baseband Member
I am building a new gaming computer and i found two rams that i really like but i could only find them in 2x512mb dual channel sets. would it be possible and efficient to run two sets of these?

If your m/b supports dual channel,get 2 sets of 512,and place them in dual channel mode.It'll work just fine

Yeha it will work fine. But if you are planning on gaming I would get two sticks of 1 gig RAM. Especially if you want to play games like BF2 and such.

theres really no difference, but if ou oc thats when it sort of matters but not much. for 2x 1gig stick the ram timings can be set lower and on a 1t command rate. but when you have 4x 512 they are automatically set to 2t which is slower but not a great big deal of performance hit. the performance loss owuldn't be enough to make a difference for gaming

Don't get 4X 512. It's not efficient, you can't uprade later on and it might down the ram to 333MHz instead of 400MHz.

if my mobo says it takes pc3200 ram, can i put a higher speed ram into it or will this cause a compatability issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom