RAM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durftard

In Runtime
whats the difference between the plain crucial ballistix and the crucial baliistix tracers? it seems like tracers are reccomended more if you can find them at a compareable price... looks like they have the same voltages, same timings, garunteed d9 chips, same everything... except the tracers have a different color + LEDs on them

their part numbers are only 1 digit different -
BL2KIT12864AL804 - Ballistix Tracer
BL2KIT12864AA804 - Ballistix

are the color + LED really the only difference?

also -- question on dual channeling
would running 4x 1GB sticks be worse than running 2x 2GB sticks? i thought the 4x 1GB would be better as it'd utilise both dual channel .. channels (lol), but i read somewhere that using all 4 slots puts a big strain on the memory controller

hrmm... the blue LEDs at the bottom are nice looking, figured there was a moer concrete reason for their approval on here (more-so than normal ballistix) ~

any insight on the dual channel question?

im not too sure bout the question. i always thought having 4x1gb is better than 2x2gb because you have more sticks working in channel thus having more data going though. not sure if it would but strain on the memory controller ive never heard of that being a problem before.

i think that if you have 2x2gb chips it would be faster in dual channel then 4x1gb in dual channel. Well thats what iv heard

^ right plus it'd run cooler than 4 sticks in there... but 2gb x 2 Kits usually have crappy specs compared to the 2x1gb's...

I bought tracers because they were cheaper than regular ballistix on the week i decided i could afford them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom