RAM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke2

Banned
Hi - I currently have 2x512MB DDR400 Corsair Valueselects siting on my Epox 9NPA+ultra - I decided to buy another gig
The 512's are running in dual channel - My friend told me that if I buy another single 1 gig stick it won't work - The motherboard supports up to 4gig's so I don't see a problem - just wanted to make sure it'll work b4 I buy it

oh - And I'm going to be buying the same exact brand and type that I already have -
this is what I'm talking about - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145505

Theres just always a chance it might not becuase they all wernt tested together. Usually and almost always it works.

yea if you have 4 slots, and 2 are taken by 512's and one is taken by a 1g then u have 1gb in ddr, 1gb out of ddr, and a free slot for another gb to ddr 2 1gb sticks to have 3gb in ddr (hope you understand that)

PS: ddr stands for double data rate, so when ram is in ddr, it will run twice as fast as if it was out of ddr.

EDIT: also, panzer, ur sig is a little TOO big, tone it down a lil or you might loose your sig priveliges sig size = 468px wide by 120px tall

yea - i understand that thx for the responses
the sticks are the same brands same types except the size of course so I think it should work

do you guys think i'll notice some performance boost with 2gigs over the 1gig ? Even if I'm running "out of ddr" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom