RAM overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
This may be a dumb question but I am curious. Would I see better performance with my HZ's at around 800MHz with 1t timings @4-4-4-12 (hopefully) or if i had them @1100MHz 2t 5-4-4-10 (current)?

I don't really know how much of a performance boost I would gain from dropping to 1t is basically what I am wondering.

I don't think you would notice the difference, in gaming and general use. You would notice though, possibly in Super Pi, or memory benchmarking.

in memory benchmarking for sure.
super pi it seems likes speed more than command rate/timings.
you wont really notice too much of a difference.
the only advantage maybe being that it they will do the 4 timings with 1T @ around 800mhz on low voltage, thereby staying a little cooler.
not much difference at all.
if you can get them to run 3 timings @1T close to 800mhz, thats pretty dang fast and about as fast as having them overclocked to 1100mhz.

yeah i agree. you probably wouldn't even notice the difference in normal day use or even in gaming. benchmarking would be the only situation you would notice a difference.

nope..... like every1 else said... u need a benchmark program to actually notice a bit of a difference.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom