ram issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AMD X3800? I would guess that it would be around hrmm...like having 2 3.8ghz P4's I believe. Yea you are going to need a new mobo for even a C2D, but the good thing is the AMD mobo's are a good bit cheaper than the C2D which makes AMD an overall cheaper way to go. In the end any Dual Core like that will be MUCH faster than a 3.0ghz P4.

You might have an 945 or 944 chipset which will allow the C2D's. If they will support the Core 2's then that will end up being the cheaper way to go. Thing is if that was a pre-made computer like a Dell or a Comapw then that motherboard won't overclock anyway. So I suggest that you just get a new X2 3800 and a mobo for around 180 later on.

If you got it from ibuypower then thats good, yes you will need to tell me what mobo you have before I can tell you if it will support a Core 2 Duo.

k im kinda leaning more toward that amd tho cuase of money but u said its stillm uch better then my curretn p4 3.0 right

First off....P4's were a joke compared to Athlon 64's. So yes an X2 will destroy a P4 in every way. You will notice quite a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom