ram issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdenstern

Baseband Member
ok i have 2 sticks of 512 and was thinkin of gettin another 1 gig stick is this possible to run them all together??

and also if i was to get a e6300 would it be alot faster then a pentuim 4 3.0?

Ok well first, It depends on the speed of the ram. You cannot run a Core 2 Duo on old DDr1 memory just in case you were planning that. Next, an E6300 stock would be a lot faster than a single P4. Then if you overclocked it to around 3.0ghz it's be around the power of having 4 3.0 P4's in your case to multi-task.

i have 667 mhz ddr2 ram so would that be good so im ghuess it would be worth it to get another gig and e6300

yes, DDR2-677 which is probably value will let you OC an E6300 a little and it will smoke an X2 these days. Is your DDr2-677 something like Corsair or Kingston Value select?

Then get another Gig of it and You will be able to hit at least 2.3ghz or something. Probably the ram will overclock a little for 2.5ghz or so.

You won't notice much in standard applications from an overclock usually, but on some things and when your CPU is really being used you'll like the extra 700mhz or so. I have mine stable at 3.15ghz

well i have like extra fans in my computer and any good brands out there im new to this. around mb 70 bucks ?

srry but could i get 2 gigs ???? cuase i got 4 ram spots and only 2 are used now (3 with new 1 gig) would taht work cause i dont think i got the money for a e6300 right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom